130 Representative Documents: Diversity & Inclusion Committee Charges
LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES
LSU Libraries Advisory Committee On Diversity
• Promote the Libraries’ rich and diverse collections.
• Develop and strengthen partnerships with diversity-related groups and programs on
• Coordinate the Libraries’ diversity initiatives with the Office of the Office of Diversity
and Office of Multicultural Affairs.
• The Diversity Committee Chair keeps the Deans and ADs informed of activities.
• Participate in professional development activities to educate Committee members as
well as share the Libraries’ diversity initiatives with the library profession.
• Explore ways to educate Committee members by taking advantage of educational
opportunities on campus and in the community. Identify and publicize these
opportunities within the Library.
• Assist the Libraries and the library profession in recruiting and retaining a diverse
• Participate in the administration of the Libraries’ Internship/Residency Program.
• Assist search committees in the recruitment of a diverse pool of applicants for positions
at the LSU Libraries.
• Develop assessment tools to guide measures to improve collegiality and morale and
implement needed actions as indicated by those tools.
• Develop assessment tools to determine how library services can best be
individualized to meet the diverse needs of students and faculty and implement those
Reports to: Dean of Libraries and provides regular reports