114 · SPEC Kit 295
University of Colorado at Boulder
09/22/2006 04:29 PM UCB Libraries | Circulation | PASCAL Policies
Page 3 of 4 http://ucblibraries.colorado.edu/circulation/pascalpolicies.htm
those of Prospector. Patrons may request no more than 15 items at a time.
No material will be lent to individuals from the PASCAL site. This policy will be
reviewed when UCHSC moves to the Fitzsimons campus.
a. Normally, the physical volume will be shipped. Only in extraordinary
circumstances will copying be done.
b. Fair use guidelines will be followed.
c. Charges will be determined by the PASCAL Oversight group.
a. All effort will be made to guarantee a 48 hour turnaround (weekdays) time from
time of request to time of delivery to requesting library.
b. CCLS Courier will be used.
c. Special Handling. Any special handling including fax or rush requests will be
considered a special request. This will be charged at rates determined by the
PASCAL Oversight group.
4. Special Requests
Requests for special circulation such as term reserves should be sent, with
justification, to the PASCAL Oversight Committee. Electronic version may be
substituted for hard copy when appropriate.
1. At a minimum, archival collections should contain box-level inventories in order to
establish basic intellectual control and facilitate ready retrieval of materials.
2. Archival materials should not be permitted to be viewed on-site at the PASCAL
facility due to issues concerning copyright, access restrictions, theft, ownership,
and other matters of potential legal importance.
3. Request for archival materials should be made through the archival institution that
maintains the research materials. Upon specific request, authorized archival
personnel will recall boxes from the PASCAL facility for researcher use.
4. Research materials will be returned to the PASCAL facility following their use.
5. All such transactions may be documented at the discretion of the owning library
through call and transmittal slips in the event of loss or theft.
Onsite Reading Room
1. The PASCAL reading room is available only to use stored materials onsite.
2. The library user must possess a valid form of identification issued by a PASCAL
library to use stored material at the PASCAL site. Other users must go through
their ILL/Prospector procedures.
3. Materials are retrieved for users by PASCAL staff and brought to the reading room
for use. The collection is not designed for direct access by users and is not
4. Because the staff at PASCAL is limited and the retrieval of material from high
density stacks takes some time, it is recommended that users come prepared with
the citations of each item they wish to use. Prior appointments are strongly
5. Materials my not be checked out at PASCAL.
6. Basic photocopiers and microform reader-printers will be provided onsite. Self-
service or staff photocopying will be the choice of the PASCAL staff.
7. No food, drink or smoking.
8. Public terminals with no Internet access will be provided.