SPEC Kit 329: Managing Born-Digital Special Collections and Archival Materials · 95
• Working knowledge of XML and digital content creation/transformation tools;
• Knowledge of DACS archival descriptive standard;
• Basic familiarity with automated library information management systems, such
as Voyager, and other online union catalogs such as WorldCat;
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a
production-oriented, rapidly changing environment; and ability to meet project
goals and deadlines.
One of the world's leading research universities, Columbia provides outstanding
opportunities to work and grow in a unique intellectual community. Set in the
Morningside Heights academic village, Columbia also presents the unmatched dynamism,
diversity and cultural richness of New York City. The University Libraries, grounded in
collections of remarkable depth and breadth, are also building extensive electronic
resources and services. The Libraries at Columbia are committed to collegiality,
professionalism, innovation and leadership.
The salary for this PCI position is dependent on experience. We offer excellent benefits
including tuition exemption for self and family and assistance with University housing.
We offer excellent benefits including 100% Columbia tuition exemption for self and
family and assistance with University housing. Columbia will also pay 50% tuition for
your dependent child who is a candidate for an undergraduate degree at another
accredited college or university.
To submit an application, please visit