90 · Representative Documents: Programmatic Accrediting Agency Reports
Oklahoma State University
Library Report for American Medical Association Accreditation Review
• Leverage resources available statewide for all Oklahoma residents who have a public
library card. The resource targets in-state alumni and Oklahoma practitioners to provide
awareness and training in resources available through public library access.
• Continue to assess effectiveness of Web 2.0 projects
o LibraryThing http://www.librarything.com/catalog/OkStateVetMedLib.
o Facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/pages/Stillwater-
• Explore new technologies for upgraded tutorials for on-site and remote use for current
CVHS faculty/staff/students and local practitioners/alumni
• Assess use of remote reference service to see if continuing Instant Messaging and
pursuing Chat is warranted.
• Continue strategic planning through the CVHS Library Committee
• Continue to investigate new revenue sources
• Continue to develop justification for increased funding for collections, services, staffing
• Continue systematic assessment of collection in all formats with regard to teaching and
research mission of CVHS and OSU Libraries.
• Upgrade IEATPLANTS garden and website
• The VML librarian will be on sabbatical January 1-June 30 2010. We look forward to the
suggestions and observations of the librarian who will be filling in.