SPEC Kit 312: Public Engagement · 119
Kansas State University
Assistant to the Dean for Collaborative Initiatives
• Demonstrated ability to work with university administrators, faculty and students
in a large public university setting.
• Demonstrated success in building consortial relationships.
• Experience in effective budgeting, planning, and project management.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Capacity to thrive in an environment of change and to foster that capacity in
• Record of professional service and scholarly/creative accomplishments.
• Experience with outcomes-based assessment
• Experience with fundraising, cultivating donor relationships, and grant writing
• Land grant university experience
Personal Attributes Necessary to Succeed
Approachable and outgoing
Consensus builder - diplomatic
Adept at solving problems
Dean of Libraries Date