SPEC Kit 328: Collaborative Teaching and Learning Tools · 111
University of Tennessee
Studio Equipment Hookup
THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE LIBRARIES
Digital Video Camera
1. Locate the firewire port on camera and insert
the small end of the firewire cable.
2. Insert the other end of the firewire cable into
the firewire port on the blue firewire hub.
3. Switch the camera on, and Switch to the VCR
You are now ready to import your video clips.
Digital Still Camera
1. Locate the USB port on the camera and insert
the small end of the USB cable.
2. Insert the other end of the USB cable into the
USB port on the USB hub.
3. Turn the camera on.
You are now ready to import your pictures.
STUDIO EQUIPMENT HOOKUP
Flash Card Reader
The Flash Card Reader is an external USB device
that can be used to read various types of memory
cards. It allows you to transfer files from your card
to a computer without using the camera. While
many cameras can be directly connected, some
types are incompatible; using the flash card reader
enables you to access virtually all memory cards as
• Connect the reader to the USB port on the
computer. The green light will turn on.
• Insert your card. Note that the two slots
each read different types of cards.
(Types I and II)
Gold Side Down
Gold Side Up
Mac users: The card will appear as a drive
on the desktop.
Windows users: The card will appear as a
removable drive just as the C or A drives.