Nonuniversity Library Questionnaire and Instructions · 103
8. Salaries should be reported for both full-time and part-time professional positions. However,
salaries for part-time positions should be converted to their full-time equivalents before reporting; do
not report the actual part-time salary paid.
9. Salaries should normally be reported on a 12-month basis. If an appointment is for 9 or 10 months at
the option of the employee, the actual salary paid should be increased to its 12-month equivalent.
However, if appointments of less than 12 months are required by the employer, report the actual
10. The salaries for all professional positions should be included, regardless of whether the salaries
come from regular library budget funds or from special funds such as research grants.
11. The salary figures should be straight gross salary figures. Do not include fringe benefits.
12. Explanatory footnotes to the reported figures may be provided when necessary. Footnotes will be
included in the published survey.
13. Provide the name of the reporting library and the name of the person who prepares the report.
14. On the second page of the questionnaire (Part II) indicate the number of filled professional
positions in each salary range for fiscal years 2009-10 and 2010-11.
15. Use the newly available Web form for your data submission:
(http://www.formstack.com/forms/?987727-c6BynijupA). Fill in Part I on the Web and upload your file
for Part II through the same interface. NOTE: You must complete the entire submission in a single
session. The Web interface does NOT allow you to return and edit your information once it is
FormStack pledges not to sell any collected information to third parties. For the complete FormStack
the salary survey by e-mail attachment from those users who may be uncomfortable submitting the
files in FormStack.
Please Submit the Web form by October 1, 2010.
For assistance, contact Martha Kyrillidou (firstname.lastname@example.org), Shaneka Morris (email@example.com), Gary
Roebuck (firstname.lastname@example.org) or David Green (email@example.com).
Tel: 202-296-2296 or Fax: 202-872-0884