157 SPEC Kit 355: Campus-wide Entrepreneurship
VIRGINIA TECH LIBRARIES
Fusion Studio Manager and Learning Space Assessment Coordinator
● Master’s degree or higher.
● Demonstrated evidence of interdisciplinary collaboration.
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively with
individuals and groups.
● Evidence of successful project management and outreach skills.
● Ability to work as part of a team in order to accomplish institutional goals in a fast-paced,
● Experience with strategic planning, program assessment, and project management.
● Experience in core library liaison activities, including reference, instruction, and collection
● Familiarity with interdisciplinary research methodologies.
● Evidence of creativity, innovation, and scholarship.
● Experience with space management.
● Experience with ethnographic methodologies.
● Evidence of cross-campus collaboration.
● Grant writing experience.
Education, Licensure, Certification required for entry into position:
Does the employee supervise 2 or more Full Time Equivalent employees: Yes No
Which of the following are required to meet legal and policy requirements?
Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Criminal History check Driver’s license
Drug screening Medical exam Other, specify:
Check the physical activities required to perform the essential functions of the position:
Light lifting (20 lbs.) Standing Sitting Bending
Moderate lifting (20-50 lbs.) Lifting Walking Climbing
Heavy lifting (50 lbs.) Reaching Repetitive motion Pushing/pulling
% Describe major responsibilities in each functional area of responsibility.
% 60 Manages daily operations of the Fusion Studio
● Coordinates facilities management.
● Actively identifies, cultivates, and maintains partnerships with university academic
programs, students, faculty and staff to facilitate collaborative projects and promote
awareness of Fusion Studio and other library services.
● Arranges scheduling of studio participants and provides project support services.
● Provides technology training and support.
● Organizes programmatic events involving studio participants.
● Regularly assesses and documents campus use of studios.