155 SPEC Kit 355: Campus-wide Entrepreneurship
VIRGINIA TECH LIBRARIES
3D Design Studio Manager & Renovations Support Specialist
● Works with other Learning Environments service point coordinators to strategize
effective delivery of services within the University Libraries learning spaces.
● Contributes progressive, original approaches and ideas for the development and
implementation of the Newman Library learning commons.
● Collaborates within the Learning division, other University Libraries departments and
units, and other campus partners on commons-related initiatives.
15% Support Library Renovation Projects
● Assists with remodeling and reconstruction projects, working with the University Physical
Plant and Renovations Departments.
● Supports Director of Library Facilities and is in contact with Project Managers,
contractors, vendors, and Library personnel. Schedules meetings and maintains
communication to see renovation projects through to completion.
● Contacts vendors to procure furniture and other items needed for Library renovation
projects. Schedules installation of furniture and/or other services from vendors. Works
with Learning Division and other Library departments as needed to schedule vendor
5% Contribute to the Mission of the University Libraries
● Participates in various continuing education and professional development opportunities
in order to continually professional practice and philosophies.
● Maintains current awareness in the library profession and related fields.
● Provides quality services in a professional manner with a demonstrated commitment to
team efforts, service excellence, and diversity and inclusion.
● Performs other duties as assigned.