149 SPEC Kit 355: Campus-wide Entrepreneurship
MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES
Entrepreneurship Librarian / Librarian I
Michigan State University
Gast Business Library
Reporting to the Head of the Gast Business Library, the Entrepreneurship Librarian / Librarian I is
a member of the team that plans and delivers the full range of reference, instruction and liaison
services to the patrons of the business library.
The specific responsibilities of the Entrepreneurship Librarian/Librarian I include the following:
• Offers a full range of general business reference and instructional services, including
weekly on-site reference office hours and e-mail reference services. Provides in-depth,
specialized service in the assigned subject areas of entrepreneurship and small business
development, supply chain management and corporate social responsibility.
• Maintains effective liaison relationships with faculty active in assigned departments and
subject areas (as listed above) and communicates with the same faculty on a regular
• Leads efforts to integrate business library services into a growing number of campus
programs and university initiatives in the area of entrepreneurship, including the new
campus-wide minor in entrepreneurship.
• Co-teaches and provides embedded instruction to entrepreneurship classes offered
through the Broad College of Business. Explores opportunities to teach to
entrepreneurship classes in other colleges.
• Develops and markets specialized services to local businesses, economic development
agencies and related community groups and presents programs on business library
resources and services to these groups.
• Provides oversight and guidance to the library’s makerspace and represents the library in
campus-wide initiatives in this area, including 3-D printing and modeling. Supervises one
Librarian assigned to the makerspace as a secondary assignment and develops library
programs and workshops that highlight the library’s makerspace and related services.
• Strategically selects appropriate business content for the library collection that meets the
needs of faculty, staff, students and community members in the assigned areas of
responsibility. Communicates the appropriate use of library subscription databases to a
wide range of audiences with varying levels of access.
• Provides assistance in using library resources through the development and
implementation of orientation and instructional sessions, online research guides and web-
• Participates in relevant library and business professional organizations, and takes an
active role in state-wide library initiatives in the area of entrepreneurship.
• Pursues research and publication opportunities or other scholarly activities.
• Other appropriate duties as assigned.