Association of Research Libraries
Research Library Issues 289 — 2016
Foundation meetings, athletic events, all of which were on the calendar?
What other employee expectations and needs must be met?
Mary Coburn, vice president for Student Aﬀairs, sent this e-mail to her
Subject: protocol for calls today
Classes have been canceled for today. Orientation will continue as
planned.… Let’s be sure to cover calls today, especially from parents,
with staﬀ who will handle them well. Please be compassionate
Here are some points of info that may be helpful:
• The most updated information will be posted on www.fsu.edu and
http://alerts.fsu.edu. The police investigation is ongoing.
• Families of the injured students have been contacted.
• The incident is assumed to be isolated at this time, campus is safe
today but FSU police will be very visible to assure students and the
• Those in need of support may contact the University
• If people are concerned that they did not receive the FSU Alert
that went out at 12:36 a.m., please encourage them to check their
phone information on line to make sure that the correct info is
listed. Any questions, comments, or concerns regarding the FSU
Alert system should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. FSU
Alerts will do their best to address concerns in a timely manner, but
University faculty received an e-mail from Sally McRorie, then vice
president for Faculty Development and Advancement, at 11:20 a.m.: