CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES
Digital Services @KSL
Summon: Search across the library’s collections...
or access the Advanced Search Catalog Databases or eJournals directly
SERVICES Kelvin Smith Library has built a strong foundation to develop and provide digital services and unique expertise
FACILITIES to accommodate the always-changing research needs of the university community and beyond.
GIVE TO THE
The Freedman Center for Digital Scholarship
at KSL serves as an all-campus, multimedia-rich space that offers guidance and technology to support innovative research projects and presentations, often
involving interdisciplinary and global collaborations. The Freedman Center also acts as the hub for a suite of services and technologies for supporting digital
scholarship that are further detailed below.
Digital Scholarship Services: Multimedia Services:
• Education & Customized Consultation • Digitization of Audio & Video
• Scholarly Production & Specialized Support
— From sources such as VHS, Beta, U-Matic, Laser Disc, Cassette and more
— Geospatial & statististical data analysis
• Sound & Video Editing
— Data visualization & manipulation
— Discipline-specific expertise
• Input of Digital Images & Multimedia Files into Electronic Dissertations
— Design & production employing new media
— Digitization of information • Equipment Loan
— Digital text encoding
— Metadata generation — Digital cameras, voice recorders, tripods, laptops, tablets, etc.
— 3D printing... and more!
• Large Format Printing
Future of Digital Scholarship at KSL:
• Digital Scholarship Call for Participation
• Institutional Repository & Digital Archives
• Freedman Center for Digital Scholarship: White Paper
— Permanent URLs to hosted content and long-term digital preservation
• Growing Digital: Creating an Environment at KSL Where
Digital Scholarship Can Thrive — Curated collections focused on CWRU and the intellectual content of its
faculty, students and neighboring institutions
— Open, accessible content using OAI-PMH to facilitate efficient dissemination
• Freedman Fellows Program
• New Media Classes & Workshops
• Future Connections Program
SPEC Kit 350: Supporting Digital Scholarship 111