UNIVERSITY OF ROCHESTER LIBRARIES
Senior Information Analyst
TITLE – Senior Information Analyst (exempt)
FUNCTIONAL TITLE: Integrated Library System Coordinator
SUPERVISOR: Director of the Information Discovery Team
POSITION CODE: 1265 GRADE: 54
DEPARTMENT: Information Discovery Team
DATE: January 2016
Under the general direction of the Director of the Information Discovery Team, and in close collaboration
with the members of the Information Discovery Team, the Integrated Library System Coordinator leads
the development and maintenance of the Library Management System for the University of Rochester
Libraries; provides technical expertise and advanced support in database management, systems
analysis, applications development, and system integration for the Library Management System and
related technologies that support the discovery of River Campus Libraries resources in support of
teaching, learning, and research; and contributes to the development of new resource discovery systems
to expose River Campus Libraries digital assets and licensed resources.
35% LMS Administration
• Manages governance, policies, and procedures of the Library Management System (currently
Voyager) across a multi-campus/multi-library environment; participates in development and
implementation of objectives and policies of the River Campus Library; and establishes and
manages departmental procedures.
• Provides technical expertise and offers solutions and advice toward achieving optimum workflow
efficiencies. Proactively seeks enhancements to Voyager functionality to improve cost
effectiveness. Provides or sponsors training and/or awareness for library staff.
• Collaborates with others working in library automation to identify and assess common needs,
recommend modifications to existing technologies, share tools and solutions, and keep up-to-date
with professional and technical developments. Develops and maintains effective relationships
with library automation vendors. Communicates needs and concerns of the Libraries to vendors
and interprets the responses for library staff.
• Plans and implements complex software upgrades and new software module installations in
collaboration with the Network Services Team, including defining project goals, developing a
project plan, specifying tasks and timeline, and implementing the project Network Services Team.
Coordinates projects (such as system upgrades and implementation of new
features/components) across multiple IT departments, providing technical direction and guidance.
30% Data Management
• Oversees procedures to ensure data integrity. Facilitates extraction, clean-up, and conversion of
data from the Voyager system to maximize accessibility of local metadata for use in other
applications. Researches, tests, and implements software solutions for batch level record
• Develops methods for importing, exporting and manipulating bibliographic and authority data.
Coordinates and performs batch loading and batch level maintenance of records.
• Seeks seamless data exchange with campus information systems
• Uses data mining techniques to proactively support library goals and objectives.
• Designs management reports on demand and on an ongoing basis, such as financial reports,
82 Representative Documents: Job Descriptions