ARL Statistics 2009-2010
This edition of the ARL Statistics describes the collections, staffing, expenditures, and service activities for the 125 members of the Association of Research Libraries (ARL) in fiscal year 2009–2010.
Table of Contents
ARL Statistics 2009-2010
- ARL Statistics 2009–2010 frontmatter 1
- Overview 5
- ARL Statistics® Interactive Analytics 7
- ARL Library Data Tables 9
- Collections: Volumes and Monographs 10
- Collections: Current Serials 16
- Collections: Other Materials 28
- Expenditures 34
- Electronic Resources Expenditures 46
- Personnel and Public Services 58
- Analysis of Selected Variables of University Libraries, 2009–2010 70
- PhD, Faculty, and Enrollment Statistics 71
- Rank Order Tables of University Libraries 77
- Summary of Rank Order Tables for University Libraries, 2009–2010 78
- Rank Order Table 1: Volumes in Library 83
- Rank Order Table 2: Volumes Added (Gross) 84
- Rank Order Table 3: Titles Held 85
- Rank Order Table 4: Current Serials (Total) 86
- Rank Order Table 5: Microform Units 87
- Rank Order Table 6: Government Documents 88
- Rank Order Table 7: Total Library Materials Expenditures 89
- Rank Order Table 8: Total Salaries & Wages Expenditures 90
- Rank Order Table 9: Other Operating Expenditures 91
- Rank Order Table 10: Total Library Expenditures 92
- Rank Order Table 11: Monographs Purchased (Volumes) 93
- Rank Order Table 12: Expenditures for Monographs 94
- Rank Order Table 13: Current Serials Purchased (Titles) 95
- Rank Order Table 14: Expenditures for Current Serials 96
- Rank Order Table 15: Total Items Loaned (ILL/DD) 97
- Rank Order Table 16: Total Items Borrowed (ILL/DD) 98
- Rank Order Table 17: Professional Staff (FTE) 99
- Rank Order Table 18: Support Staff (FTE) 100
- Rank Order Table 19: Total Staff (FTE) 101
- Rank Order Table 20: Expenditures for Electronic Resources 102
- Rank Order Table 21: Electronic Resources as a Percentage of Total Library Materials 103
- Rank Order Table 22: Library Investment Index 104
- ARL Statistics Questionnaire 2009-2010 105
- ARL Statistics Worksheet 2009-2010 113
- Footnotes 119
- ARL Member Libraries as of January 1, 2011 161
- Bibliography 165
Buy access to ARL Statistics 2009-2010
You may buy perpetual online access to the complete contents of this individual publication.
Online access offers the following features:
- Search and read the full text online.
- Fast, page-at-a-time viewing that works in any web browser, and in web enabled handhelds like the iPhone.
- Exact page reproduction.
- Full text search with relevancy ranking to help you quickly locate passages of interest.
- All pages are easily bookmarkable for future reference.
- Download a PDF of a particular section or the complete publication for offline use on your computer, tablet, or other digital reader.
To purchase password access to this publication with a credit card, please log in to your existing account or register for a new account below.
To purchase IP access to this publication, please contact:
ARL Publications Distribution Center
PO Box 531
Annapolis Junction, MD 20701-0531
Please Note: Once the online publication has been accessed, your purchase can not be refunded. For questions, please contact the ARL Publications Distribution Center.
Price: $ 170.00
- Buy access to ARL Statistics 2009-2010 Buy access to ARL Statistics 2009-2010
Association of Research Libraries
21 Dupont Circle NW, Suite 800
Washington DC 20036
Questions or comments? Please contact email@example.com.