ARL Statistics 2008-2009
This edition of the ARL Statistics describes the collections, staffing, expenditures, and service activities for the 124 members of the Association of Research Libraries (ARL) in fiscal year 2008–2009.
Table of Contents
ARL Statistics 2008-2009
- ARL Statistics 2008–2009 frontmatter 1
- Research Library Trends 5
- Research Library Trends Tables and Graphs 7
- Table 1 Service Trends in ARL Libraries, 1991–2009 8
- Graph 1 Service Trends in ARL Libraries, 1991–2009 9
- Table 2 Monograph and Serial Expenditures in ARL Libraries, 1986–2009 10
- Graph 2 Monograph and Serial Expenditures in ARL Libraries, 1986–2009* 11
- Table 3 Supply and Demand in ARL Libraries, 1986–2009 12
- Graph 3 Supply and Demand in ARL Libraries, 1986–2009* 13
- Table 4 Expenditure Trends in ARL Libraries, 1986–2009 14
- Graph 4 Expenditure Trends in ARL Libraries, 1986–2009 15
- Table 5 Resources per Student in ARL University Libraries, 1986–2009 16
- Graph 5 Resources per Student in ARL University Libraries, 1986–2009 17
- Table 6 Electronic Resources Expenditures in ARL University Libraries, 2008–2009 18
- Graph 6 Electronic Resources vs. Total Materials Expenditures, 1993–2009 19
- Table 7a Electronic Resources and Materials Expenditures in ARL University Libraries, 1992–2002 20
- Table 7b Electronic Resources and Materials Expenditures in ARL University Libraries, 2002–2009 21
- ARL Statistics® Interactive Analytics 22
- ARL Library Data Tables 23
- Analysis of Selected Variables of University Libraries, 2008–2009 64
- PhD, Faculty, and Enrollment Statistics 65
- Rank Order Tables of University Libraries 2008–2009 69
- Summary of Rank Order Tables for University Libraries, 2008–2009 70
- Rank Order Table 1: Volumes in Library 74
- Rank Order Table 2: Volumes Added (Gross) 75
- Rank Order Table 3: Titles Held 76
- Rank Order Table 4: Current Serials (Total) 77
- Rank Order Table 5: Microform Units 78
- Rank Order Table 6: Government Documents 79
- Rank Order Table 7: Total Library Materials Expenditures 80
- Rank Order Table 8: Total Salaries & Wages Expenditures 81
- Rank Order Table 9: Other Operating Expenditures 82
- Rank Order Table 10: Total Library Expenditures 83
- Rank Order Table 11: Monographs Purchased (Volumes) 84
- Rank Order Table 12: Expenditures for Monographs 85
- Rank Order Table 13: Current Serials Purchased (Titles) 86
- Rank Order Table 14: Expenditures for Current Serials 87
- Rank Order Table 15: Total Items Loaned (ILL/DD) 88
- Rank Order Table 16: Total Items Borrowed (ILL/DD) 89
- Rank Order Table 17: Professional Staff (FTE) 90
- Rank Order Table 18: Support Staff (FTE) 91
- Rank Order Table 19: Total Staff (FTE) 92
- Rank Order Table 20: Expenditures for Electronic Resources 93
- Rank Order Table 21: Electronic Resources as a Percentage of Total Library Materials 94
- Rank Order Table 22: Library Investment Index 95
- ARL Statistics Questionnaire 2008-2009 97
- ARL Statistics Worksheet 2008-2009 105
- Footnotes 111
- ARL Member Libraries as of January 1, 2010 163
- Bibliography 167
Buy access to the ARL Statistics Collection
The ARL Statistics Collection includes the annual publications ARL Statistics, ARL Academic Health Sciences Library Statistics, and ARL Academic Law Library Statistics that were published from 2006 to the present (but does not include access to the survey data set). Buy online access to the complete collection and enjoy the full capabilities of ARL Digital Publications, including the following features:
- Search and read the full text of any title.
- Fast, page-at-a-time viewing that works in any web browser, and in web enabled handhelds like the iPhone.
- Exact page reproduction.
- Full text search with relevancy ranking to help you quickly locate passages of interest.
- All pages are easily bookmarkable for future reference.
- Download a PDF of a particular section or the complete publication for offline use on your computer, tablet, or other digital reader.
Password access to the collection is $750.00. To purchase password access with a credit card, please log in to your existing account or register for a new account below.
IP access to the collection is $500.00 for nonprofit organizations and $750.00 for all others. To purchase IP access, please contact:
Please Note: Once the online publication has been accessed, your purchase can not be refunded. For questions, please contact the ARL Publications Distribution Center.
Price: $ 750.00
- Buy access to the ARL Statistics Collection Buy access to the ARL Statistics Collection
Association of Research Libraries
21 Dupont Circle NW, Suite 800
Washington DC 20036
Questions or comments? Please contact email@example.com.